Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Creative Critical Reflection #1

In the introduction of my film, you a presented with a full shot that doubles as a pan to the left. I've seen this technique in multiple films, mostly horror movies, to makes the viewer think that the person is being watched. In my film I've used it for that exact reason. I made it seem as if my actor is walking into the forest completely unaware of what is watching him through the bushes. However, this film isn't a horror movie.. I wanted to make it seem as if it's supposed to be a horror movie because of the setting, conflict, and use of camera angles; but in reality it's more of a comedy. This was seen in the movies Zombieland, Zombieland DoubleTap, an Scouts Guide to a Zombie Apocalypse. I loved this because it brought humor to a situation that isn't supposed to be funny. In a Scouts Guide, I loved how they introduced the film with a man dancing to a girly hip-hop song. I tried to do this by as my actor is being watched, I played Dubstep music as if he's listening to it through his headphones. I continued this through the introduction of the film as you can clearly see the zombie approaching while the actor is still completely unaware. I used this to not only create dramatic irony but to make the scene a little funny. Another scene that was heavely influenced by another was the extreme close up and shot reverse shot between Frank and the zombie. I've seen this in many horror movies in scenes where the character is hidding from something such as, in a closet where the door is barely creeked open but just enough to see in and out. This use of editing techniques and camera shot in films. As for my social groups, I presented my audience with teenage group of friends, I created this movie for anyone who likes action and comedy movies but it draws younger, more teenage groups of people. This works because they're able to but themselves into that type of situation with their group of close friends. I put small children as the zombies to just make everybody laugh, seeing the little kids running around adds a level of humor that i see only kids bring out. Clothing and enviromental setting was another huge factor into making my film. Obviously it's a zombie apocolypse movie so i wanted to make the characters "geared up." When you think of zombies you think of dead, rugged creaters with bits of flesh hanging off and their clothes ragged and dirty. To make this ripped the clothes of the zombies and made them roll around into mud, this made the clothes look old a ragged as if they where decaying. I them smeared fake blood on the to make that open flesh look. As for the main characters I had them wear camo and other old rugged clothes that they wouldn't mind getting dirty. This made them look post apocolyptic. The location was also very important. I wanted a neighborhood to make it seem like it's been over run by these zombies. The woods by the house was just a bonus because in movies, the forest is depicted as creepy and mysterious. Which was perfect to seem as within the woods layed the flesh eating zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection #4

I incorperated technology a lot into my project. First, I used a Samsung S8 phone camera with the resolution set at Ultra HD 3,840 x 2,160 p...