Thursday, May 21, 2020

Creative Critical Reflection #3

At the beginning of this project, I have never made a movie on my own. I didn't want to make a magazine because it seemed easy and boring while I felt that the film project had a lot of potential and I could have a lot of fun with it. I was however going solo on this project and my teacher reminded me multiple times that it 's a lot harder doing it solo than doing it with a partner and i told him, "How hard could it be." Little did I know. As challenging as this project was it taught me a lot, especially on how to be more productive. I first have never used a camera for a project, I learned how to covert my phone camera from low quality to highly defined. Another aspect of the project that I had no experience with was editing. It took me hours to find the right service to use and to actually edit the film. Scheduling the shooting was also something I under estimated, normally I would reach out to people only days before something. This was not the case here, I did this the first 2 times I tried to shoot and there was always 1 person who wasn't able to make it and they could not be replaced. This taught me fast that I could not procrastinate and I went from scheduling a few days prior to scheduling 2-3 weeks prior, this made a huge difference in the progressing of the film. When it did come down to filming, I had to direct them when most of the cast where young kids who wouldn't listen. I had to learn to talk to the kids in a way that would make them serious about actually following directions. This is important because I can now get whatever I want from kids! From the course of this project, the most valuable thing I'm taking away is less procrastination. Prior to this I struggled and had a hard time overcoming this. I learned that if I procrastinated I was going to get absolutely nothing accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection #4

I incorperated technology a lot into my project. First, I used a Samsung S8 phone camera with the resolution set at Ultra HD 3,840 x 2,160 p...