Thursday, March 5, 2020

Distribution Research - Movie Theater

Often feature films such as Zombieland, Deadpool, and Office Christmas Party; distribute their movies via the use of movie theaters. In order for this to work however, there's a lot of procedures that go into Cinema Distribution. After the movie has been filmed, the Studio licenses it to a distribution company. The distribution company then determines how many prints they should produce and sits down with big name Cinemas such as Regal and AMC to discuss screening. The prints are then sent to the theater just days before the opening and the theater only broadcasts the movie for a couple of weeks (Engagement). Movies that take this route make around 98% of their profit within the first 2 weeks.

I may incorporate this incorporate this method by licensing my movie to a small local distribution company and from there they can distribute the movie to the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection #4

I incorperated technology a lot into my project. First, I used a Samsung S8 phone camera with the resolution set at Ultra HD 3,840 x 2,160 p...